Saturday, August 12, 2006

My NCAA Football Pre-Season Rankings

With the first kick-off of the pigskin less than 3 weeks away, here are my pre-season rankings for you to chew on. I must point put that my rankings are intended to predict the top 15 teams that have the best chance to reach the national title game in Glendale, AZ come Jan ’07. What does this mean? These rankings are based on ease of schedule, returning stars, road schedule and an iota of sub-conscious bias on my part! Also, I made an attempt not to get influenced by several such polls out there in the media (like the USA Today Coaches Poll). Looking for preseason rankings from major media outlets in one place? Stassen has compiled it for us! Without further ado, here they my rankings. Let the argument continue...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with the effort. I will monitor the validity of these rankings as the season progresses.

Anonymous said...

I am very curious about #10. :)

Kaushik said...

Oregon is kind of an odd pick for #10. Its based on the hope that Sooners will suck against Oregon!